Best of the Cape #1
3–Day Mountain biking feast
Jonkershoek/ Eselfontein/ Welvanpas
*organised by arrangement*
We have cherry-picked what we think are the best mountain biking routes the Cape has to offer and put together 2 dynamic 3-day trips guaranteed to offer FUN, EXCITEMENT, CHALLENGE & COMRADERIE…
Day 1 Jonkershoek - Stellenbosch
08h00: Early morning departure from a central meeting point in CT and transfer 45 mins to Jonkershoek. Unload bikes and head straight out onto the trails. There are more than enough trails to choose from and something for everyone, including jeep track & single track. We will split into groups depending on fitness and skill. 4 – 5 hrs of pristine fun later, we grab some lunch & Steri stumpies and transfer to our comfortable accommodation in Wellington. After freshening up, we enjoy wine tasting and a well-deserved dinner.
Day 2 Eselfontein - Ceres
After breakfast we transfer over the mountains to Ceres, where we discover the meaning of single-track heaven: handmade but not manicured, so there is still plenty of challenge and excitement, it’s rough, twitchy, alternately exposed & forested and really, really long. Fortunately we can drop down for refreshments half way through. We end off with lunch and a dip in the pool before heading back to Wellington for more wining & dining.
Day 3 Welvanpas - Wellington
We cycle straight out of our accommodation and onto one of the oldest wine & fruit farms in the country, once owned by Piet Retief and his birthplace. The local farmers and townsfolk have put in huge effort and hours of work to create a network of fabulous trails and single tracks, which will keep us delighted for hours. We return to our guest house to shower, before transferring back to the airport/city around 16h00.
COST: Based on min 10 pax, the cost is R6,500.00 pp sharing ( single supplement, add R2000). We will take less, but the per person fee would be adjusted accordingly
- Accommodation for 2 nights (good, mid range guest house)
- All meals from dinner on day 1 to lunch on day 3 ( incl soft liquid refreshment with breakfast & lunch)
- All transfers en route
- Vehicle back-up on all riding days. The vehicle will follow on the trail WHERE POSSIBLE and where not, it will meet up with the riders at the closest exit point.
- Transfer of luggage daily
- drinks & snacks en route daily
- Cycle guides
- all additional soft drinks & all alcoholic beverages
- bicycle rental – bring your own bike or click here for rental options
- All items of a personal nature, e.g. tel calls, laundry, etc
- Anything not mentioned above
All participants are required to sign a copy of our indemnity form and wear a helmet at all times while cycling.